Contact Strickler Excavating
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations.
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinate essential personnel on-site for the project.
- Plan, direct and budget activities concerned with paving projects.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.
- Asphalt paver operators are responsible for operating asphalt pavers on streets, which is complex machinery that lays asphalt over specific areas. They may also coordinate which areas will have asphalt by analyzing drawings or project requirements.
- Operators should be organized and pay close attention to detail to minimize wasted asphalt, and must follow strict safety protocols when operating pavers to avoid accidents with coworkers or the public. Paver operators control the asphalt distribution and width, and assist with material control into the paver. They must understand terminologies such as compaction, patterns, and other preparatory tasks, and report their progress to the foreman and superintendent.
- Should work well in a team environment with other employees and street repair workers, but also on their own with minimal supervision.
CDL A/B Truck Driver/Laborer:
- Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, stone, or bituminous paving materials.
- Drives truck with trailer hauling paving equipment to various job locations.